lunes, 13 de noviembre de 2017

Here again...

When I started studying film, I was a little afraid of how it would be. In first year my expectations where overtaken, we did and learn a lot about film and it's derivatives, all of that plus so much practice with all the equipment. It was like a dream year, very productive and fun. BUT this second year of career has been a truly hell, it's like a completely other career, we left aside like the most of the good things we did last year and it turned everything focused on semiotic and sociology. I'm not saying that this is wrong but I think it's too much, unfortunately for me this has been always the focus of the university (-.-) . To give you an example of what I'm saying, we only have two screenwriting subject (That is more like one), two direction of photography subject and just one art direction in the whole curriculum, while we have about to four subjects related to sociology.... The main problem with this is that we spend almost all of the time reading and writing essays instead of filming or writing. I'm not the only one in my generation who think this, the most of the people I have question about it said to me the same I'm mentioning you.

About the teaching methods is kind of irregular, there are so many amazing teachers, who inspire me and there are some "shitty" teachers too, who are notoriously not interested about help their students, but these last are a minority, so it's ok. Now, about the infraestructure it's not the best but neither the worst, at least we have a TV studio and editing rooms; the only problem I have sometimes is the stock of equipment that is highly limited in some cases.

This post was more like a therapy, sorry about that . ok



B                              Y                            E                                   B                            Y                        E



3 comentarios:

  1. You are not the only one who has said something about the cinema career subjects.

    That career is way more practice than theory, and screenwriting is the cornerstone of your career, we all should ask for changes.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. ooh, I hope, with all my heart, that you can fix this situation. Little remains for the finish the year and for that you can rest :) a big hug!!! :)

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I know the feel bro, I understand the necesary theory class but I think we need more subject related to film, and more practical.

    ResponderBorrar